Saturday, June 6, 2009

Birthday's and Bikes

Luke's smile says it all. When he got on and went for his first ride on this new fancy bike, we could hear his "Whoo hoo..." all the way down the block.

Cousins helping Luke celebrate turning five.

Yes, the legs of R2D2 were twinkies!

R2D2..Luke's reaction when he first saw this masterpiece,...Oh..I wanted Mario! I do have the recipe for the marshmallow fondant if anyone wants it. Quite easy and is much less expensive that the kind you buy and it tastes good.

Reese 's birthday is on Sunday so we did a mini party for her too. She loved Aunt Amy's jewelry box . She insists that she is only two and won't admit that she is three. Already starting the lying about her age thing. I had hoped to post a picture of her in the tutu that I made for her, but she wouldn't leave it on long enough and she wouldn't try on the dress either, so this is the only picture that I have to share! We hope the terrible two's don't turn into the horrible threes!

After bringing in Luke's bike, Amy and Sara had me close my eyes for a surprise and brought in this beauty. They saw it at the bike shop and decided it was just what I needed. Apparently it is the new popular bike. Very comfy and easy to ride. As you can see, the seat fits, it has a bell and the tire tread is shaped like flowers! What more could you ask for?

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Next time I want dad to video you riding your new bike and then post the video. I was hoping for an action shot of you on the bike. It looks so nice!

Donna Madsen said...

Fun! My boys would be jealous of the R2D2 cake. I will have to get the recipe from you. I love the bike.

The Hunters said...

I am green with envy. Everytime we go to Dan's bike shop I look at those bikes and threaten to get one and the kids just die with embarassment. I love it, you will look fabulous Mom!

Unknown said...

love the bike! i need to see a video...