Thursday, May 28, 2009

Kindergarten

My kindergarten teacher was Mrs. Vera Bond. I would be safe saying all Milford kids in the 50's, 60's , maybe even a little earlier had her for their kindergarten teacher. The kindergarten room was on the northwest corner of the old elementary in Milford. One of my first memories is being in trouble with my mother because my cousin Vicki and I had followed our mothers over to a parent's meeting before school actually started. We peeked into the room and my mom saw us. I remember running home knowing that I was in trouble and I was right. My mother was embarrassed because we were in our play clothes and not very clean.
I really don't remember learning much. Just singing and coloring and having snack and rest time. We took turns being the wake up fairy. Really, that is what we called the person who got to go around the room touching everyone to wake them up. We took our own favorite blankets for rest time. Learning to read was not part of the curiculum.

Today, Luke and I went to Heber for Tyson's end of the year kindergarten program. It seems like just yesterday that we watched Cheryl's kindergarten program. Time does fly.
Tyson was really cute. He waved to his dad and mom . He sang the songs and danced and grinned, just what kindergarten kids should do.

He was in charge of holding up the "K". It was the last song and the stress of waiting got too much sometimes but he did a great job when the time came!

No comments: