Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Swimming Lessons!

I started the day early this morning with a bike ride down to the railroad tracks and back. I love my new bike! The air was still plenty cool and not too many people were up and about. That makes for good bike riding time. I don't like to worry about cars coming up behind me, not just for the safety thing, but I am sure it is not a very pretty sight. And yes, I do have a helmet. Surprisingly I enjoy wearing it. You don't have to worry about your hair blowing in your face. It feels safe for some reason. It doesn't match my bike, however. I might have to paint it yellow and put little orange and green flowers on it, but then I would have to buy some of those biking clothes that match...so maybe I will just stick with the silver and pink helmet.
Luke started swimming lessons this morning. He was very excited and a little nervous. It makes everything easier though when you go with your best buds. The pool is very nice, the classes are very small and his teacher was a cute young girl, so it was good.
The three amigos, Cam, Kai and Luke after their first swimming lesson.
Luke has come a long way since his "no waddy, no waddy" days. He was willing to get right in the pool. Doctor orders said he shouldn't put his head under the water. His band-aid came off about half way through and we had to replace it, but other than that he had a good time.


No comments: