Wednesday, May 30, 2012

She got on the plane!



Aleisha is in Brazil witih a smile on her face! WHEW!

It was touch and go there for a while on Saturday afternoon, but she made it!  After throwing one of her famous Aleisha fits, her mother finally got her to admit that she was just scared!  We thought it was her botched hair cut that was causing her to be so upset, but that was only part of it.  She has known  she was supposed to go on a mission for over a year, but she did not want to go. She said she doesn't have a problem being away or being in a foreign country, it is talking to people that really scares her.   She tried to ignore everyone and every feeling she was having but she just couldn't do it.  She tried right down to two days before boarding the plane but she just couldn't resist! 

It might have something to do with the special weekend we just spent together.  Sunday, Cheryl and Aleisha spoke in Sacrament meeting.  After Aleisha's come apart on Saturday, emotions were very close to the surface.  They had not done much preparation.  In fact, none at all really until Saturday evening when they decided they would use Kollin's Father's Day talk.  That made the meeting even more special.  Tears were flowing all over the chapel.  Kendall and I shared one of Gramp's big hankies and we needed it.  We could have offered it to Betty, but she had her own.  And then there was Jerry.  He didn't have one, but should have!  Grandma Taylor and Leanna joined us and we were all blubbering.   Sunday evening, Daniel had his Patriarchial blessing.  I have been to eight blessings and I have not heard one like Daniel's.  It was a very special blessing.  When you see him, you will have to ask him to share a few of the things he was told.  We all cried again! Well, not Jerry, Daniel and Gramps,  just Cheryl, Aleisha and me!  And the Patriarch.  He was a very sweet man.  That was Sunday. 
 Monday evening we met with their Stake President for Aleisha to get set apart as a missionary and Daniel to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood and to be ordained an Elder before leaving for Idaho on Wednesday to work for the summer.  There weren't too many tears at this meeting, but it was a special time.  They both received just the right blessings for what they needed. 
Tuesday morning bright and early we left for home.  I had already told Cheryl that I was not putting another of her children into the MTC.  Taking Mason was hard and I wasn't going to do it again. She is the mother and she has to do it!  I think I just couldn't face any more tears.  So, we left and Tuesday afternoon they all went to DFW to watch Aleisha walk through security.  They waited at a golf shop not too far away just in case she decided to run for it!  She didn't.  As you can see by the picture, she is there and she is even smiling.  She is going to be a wonderful missionaries and the best dressed too.  You should have seen her suitcases! 

Wednesday morning, Daniel and his friend Forrest left for Idaho.  Daniel is going to work for Cannon Builders for the summer.  His mission papers are in and he is waiting to see where he will be spending the next two years.  So if you know Cheryl's family at all, you realized already that she could have three missionaries out at the same time.  Only for a couple of months and maybe not at all, but it is possible.  Daniel will turn 19 on Sept 7th and Mason won't be home until December.  After explaining that to their Patriarch, he wiped his eyes even more.

Gramps and I are home.  Cheryl, Jerry and Kendall are home.  Aleisha is in Brazil, Mason is the Philippines and Daniel is on his way to Idaho.  When did those kids grow up? 

The Brazil MTC mission president says we should hand write letters to Aleisha so I am adding her address.  Please try to send some and while you are at it you can send some to Mason also. Don't send packages until she gets to her mission area.  They won't get forwarded and will be returned to you.

Sister Aleisha Taylor
Brazil Ribeirao Preto
Brazil Mission Training Center
Rua Padre Antonio D'angelo, 121
Casa Verde
02516-040 Sao Paulo - SP
Brazil

(There is supposed to be tittle..little squiggle thing) over the "a" in Ribeirao and Sao but I can't make it work...I will work on it.  I will have Cheryl check the address for mistakes)


The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Philippines Baguio Mission
Elder Mason Taylor
PO Box 7 (po box for letters only)
Brgy: San Vicente East
Urdaneta City, Pangasinan 2428
Philippines

No comments: