Monday, February 14, 2011

Family pics

I have been taking a lot of flack about not updating this blog so I thought I should end the abuse! I know it is February and Thanksgiving was almost three months ago. I don't know what I have been doing to keep so busy, but there must have been something. Jennie has been hounding her old parents about their physical shape. She and Carrie have been worrying about us and wanted us to get In shape. We tried to tell them we were in shape just not in very good shape. We finally agreed to take part in a biggest loser contest. Most of us agreed to put money in a pot to make the contest worth doing. I won't mention those who didn't want to participate! We started sometime In Sept I think and reported our gain or loss weekly on Saturday morning. We had many discussions about points verses calories, good recipes, who's scale was correct,etc. Our goal was to all meet at Cheryl and Jerry's for Thanksgiving and have our weigh off.  When the dust settled, Kim won with Rod second and Stephen third. As a group we lost 173 lbs. Pretty amazing.


On Sunday after Thanksgiving we all attended the Stephenville Ward to listen to our oldest grandson, Mason speak in Sacrament Meeting before leaving on his mission to the Philippines. The bishop also had Cheryl talk and be in charge of the musical number so she had Amy,Carrie and Jennie sing with her. They all did an excellent job.
This is our missionary, Elder Mason James Taylor.  His parents said goodbye to him in Texas and let him fly home with us to Utah.  We helped him finish his shopping and took him to the MTC December 8th.  I have given Cheryl the word.  Never again.  She will have to make some other arrangement for Daniel.  I threatened to just send him with Gramps, but I gave in and went along.  It is much better than when we took Michael, but it is still hard.  He is doing really well so far.  The Phillippines won't be the same when he is finished! 
Just for friends that haven't seen "the kids" as we all call them for a while.  They have all grown up into wonderful people.   Daniel, Brandon, Jerry, Mason, Cheryl, Aleisha and Kendall. 

The Myers
Reese, Cameron, Carrie, Sean, Carson and Tyson

Carrie and Sean drove twenty hours with four kids. Now that is pure love on their part because then they had to drive back which is even harder.


 Easton and his favorite person, Amy.  He wouldn't let go of her hand the entire time we were in Texas. She is the best aunt ever.  She makes sure all the kids get her attention and they love her for it.

Niklas, Michael, Carlie and Zachary 
Until a couple of weeks ago, they lived down the road from Cheryl in Keller, Texas.  They are in the process of  moving to Greenville, South Carolina.  I am excited to plan a trip back to visit. 


Conner, Allie, Chase and Easton Cannon
Jennie took most of the pictures I am posting.  She has started a photography business.  There is a link on the right.  I don't know why I don't have a Cannon family pic, but this one of the kids if wonderful. 


Luke and Sara. 
Our Texas trip was during Sara's finals  so they decided to stay home.  I think the real reason was she really hates Texas!  It makes her allergies flare up and she spends the whole trip on the couch with  full sinuses.  We missed them but her final results were worth it.   Only one more semester!  Hurrah!

Kyjah   and   Creighton


The Parents
Stephen and Kim
They had only been home from a summer with Apx Alarm just a few weeks and just couldn't face driving back to Texas with the babies so they stayed home.   Couldn't blame them but we missed them.  


I hestitated putting this one on, but decided if the rest had to be here, I guess we did too.  This was taken in  October so we are a lot thinner now!   

Just one more plug for jenniecannonphotography.blogspot.com      

1 comment:

Donna Madsen said...

I loved all the pictures and the update on your family! I don't know anything now that my parents are never in Delta!