Sunday, October 11, 2009

Turning 6---blah..blah..blah!

I can hardly believe it, but I am not only a senior citizen..but an old lady! To help me over this first hard birthday, our children gave me two tickets to all of the BYU home football games! They are wonderful children, don't you think? I have always known they were the best kids ever!


Rod went with me to the first one. BYU vs Florida State. We were so excited to go and then....BYU lost! not just lost, but hardly showed up to play. It was fun anyway. We hadn't been in the stadium for a couple of years. There is nothing like it.

The second game was with Utah State. Rod had a cold and didn't want to go. I asked Carson to go with me. We sat on the East side this time and were in the shade the entire game. It was great. Carson was a great sport to go with his old grandma. We had a good time eating snow cones, ( or whatever you call a ice cone in a cup!) and then some kettle corn. We were sorry we didn't see the huge maple bars sooner. I had spent my wad! We both vowed, next game we would have one! The game was good. The weather was good and the company was wonderful!

The Colorado State game was a night game. The weather was wonderful. The moon coming up over Y mountain was just a lovely sight. Only a true BYU fan would write that sentence! Rod went with me again. We had great seats. Down low on the East side. We smuggled in pine nuts to eat, what could be more fun?




Next up is the Homecoming game with TCU. Can't wait!

No comments: