Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thank you Deseret First and Amy!

Two Cougar Fans
Keeping Luke entertained...until the battery ran out.

Two more Cougar Fans


Amy is the woman! She scored seven tickets for today's BYU-Utah basketball game at the Marriott Center. Deseret First are sponsors of the Deseret First Duel and have tickets to sporting events at both schools. She invited Sean, Cameron, Carson, Sara, Luke and me to go with her. Gramps didn't want to come. He can't stand the noise, people and the stress of not knowing the outcome of the game. It was great fun. There were over 20,000 in attendance, most of them Cougar fans. Before the game started, they do a loud introduction of players, similar I guess to progessional games. I guess because I haven't been to a pro game since we went to the first Utah Stars game in the Salt Palace probably in 1972 or so! Luke was mesmerized by the light show and the cougar scream.
The Cougars won 63 to 50, but it was a lot closer game than the score shows. There is nothing like singing "Rise and Shout the Cougars are out" with thousands of BYU fans.

1 comment:

Donna Madsen said...

I agree singing the cougar fight song with other pepole is so fun. It is also really fun to sing it with my three kids. Yes, we sing it at home during football season whenever the Cougars score. Sometimes Sarah even says, "Mom let's sing the Cougar song!" It does my Cougar lovin' hear good