Saturday, February 7, 2009

Success, Finally!




It has been years. I am sure, years. I have been trying to make popovers pop. Sometimes, a couple of them have worked a little, but I have never had continued success. After doing some research, some trial runs, I have finally found success. I used Food Networks Alton Brown's recipe, made sure every ingredient was at room temperature, and..bought a new pan! I think the new pan might be the kicker. It is just a cupcake pan, not a real popover pan, but it worked. I have proof.
This is the link to his recipe. The one thing I did change was the salt. Since I never have unsalted butter, I cut the salt down to 1 teaspoon.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/good-eats/basic-popover-recipe/index.html

Now, if I can just master the biscuits the family calls hockey pucks!

1 comment:

Carlie said...

seriously. you are going to have to try michael's actual popover pan! that thing is amazing! they popped like 8 inches! we will have to photo them next time.
nice job with the cupcake pan.