Allie turned eight on November 30th and decided to be baptized. The family gathered in Blackfoot on Saturday, December 6 to watch her father baptize and confirm her a member of the Church. Mom, Jennie had done a wonderful job of organizing with Gramps and Uncle Scott giving the prayers, Aunt Carrie as choirster, Uncle Brent talking on baptism and Aunt Amy on the Holy Ghost. While Allie was getting changed for her confirmation, we watched a video Jennie made about Allie. Everything went very nice. Jennie also had some really good soups , salads and desserts for lunch. It was a very nice day for Allie, one that she will always remember.
I remember my own baptism. I was 9 because we were living in Las Vegas when I turned 8 and we weren't going to church down there. When we moved home, I was baptized. My friend Sue Ann Banks and I were baptized in the Minersville Church. Our church in Milford did not have a font. We were baptized by Dick Walker. He was baptizing his own father that afternoon so he baptized us too. His dad was a big man. I remember being disapointed that Sue Ann and I had to be first so we couldn't watch him! We were sure the water would spalsh out of the font.
Do you remember your own baptism? Have you written those memories down somewhere? Do you have a story to tell?
No comments:
Post a Comment