January 22, 1972. Delta, Utah
We thought Dr. Lyman was joking when he told us that our about to be born second child had red hair. Of Course, he wasn't. It was not just red, but bright red. Until Stephen was born, she thought she might be adopted. He not only had hair like hers, but eyes the same color. People noticed Carrie's hair. People would stop to talk to her and goo over her when she was a baby. The older she got, the darker her hair became. The copper penny color deepened into a darker red, but it was still red and beautiful. So..my question is: why would she dye it brown?
We thought Dr. Lyman was joking when he told us that our about to be born second child had red hair. Of Course, he wasn't. It was not just red, but bright red. Until Stephen was born, she thought she might be adopted. He not only had hair like hers, but eyes the same color. People noticed Carrie's hair. People would stop to talk to her and goo over her when she was a baby. The older she got, the darker her hair became. The copper penny color deepened into a darker red, but it was still red and beautiful. So..my question is: why would she dye it brown?
We seem to use every excuse to go to lunch. I am liking this living close to the girls. It was Carrie's birthday and Sara got the grades for her first semester at BYU Law School so we went to PF Chang's to celebrate. We meaning Carrie, Reese, Kim, Amy, Sara, Aleisha and me.
Carrie was celebrating that she isn't as old as Cheryl and Sara was celebrating that she is in the top ten of her law school class. She was very surprised and thrilled. I have been under strict orders not to tell what her number is, but Jennie and Carrie already told the world on their blogs, so I am going to say it too. She is number seven! Those of us who are not law students or lawyers don't understand how big it is to be in the top ten. It not only looks good on a resume, but it helps to get good internships and later a terrific job. All of her siblings knew she had been waiting for her grades and they all called during the day to see what they were. Everyone was so proud of her! I wish I had been prepared with a camera to catch the look on her face when she saw she had two 4.0's! She couldn't replicate it or I would give it a try.
It was one of those "priceless" moments. She said she would deny it if I told anyone that she actually squeeled! I still promise not to tell everyone in Relief Society during the good news minute.
Aleisha was with us too, but she was foolish enough to sit by me and we took our picture together. I just can't put that old gray headed lady's picture on here. She looked really good though!
4 comments:
it's not brown, mom. it's dark red.
Looks brown to me! At least your roots are the right color!!
that's not very nice mom! Kim is going to fix me up next week I bet she could do your too! (HA)
Congrats to Sara! That is awesome!
Post a Comment